“I have said from the beginning that we essentially had the authorities behaving like the fire department showing up to a house on fire, and deciding that the fire hoses would not work in this instance so therefore everybody should stand by and watch it burn while they worked on developing a future fire prevention system. Furthermore they actively tried to stop anybody who tried to throw sand or water at this fire and told them that was dangerous. Only after they developed and had everyone pay for that fire prevention system, did they try to come up with some novel fire suppression systems that emulated the water and the sand.”
Shutting down the economy for COVID-19 is like jumping into a bonfire in order to prevent a mosquito bite.
Reports of spike protein shedding.
Urinary shedding of spike protein in COVID-19 patients
I’ve had a 5 day period every 25 days for at least ten years it’s been like clockwork, I’m now on day 18 of my first post vaccine period, what’s up with that?
— Nim (@KyotoKids) April 28, 2021
I haven't had my period since before my second shot. I'm roughly 22-25 days late and its driving me mad
— Kelly G #BillsMafia (@kellsbells75162) April 28, 2021
Omg! Just shared this with my 2 GYN offices because (not to be dramatic) I bled for 17 straight days in March, 10 days after my first dose. My GYN had no answers other than "Sometimes in your 30s your period can just be weird" – true, but sounds like I wasn't alone! THANK YOU!
— Lacey (will be @ ECCC '23) (@JoyGoblin) April 23, 2021
COVID VACCINE DEATHS
BBC radio presenter Dom Busby
Former Detroit news anchor Karen Hudson-Samuels day after vaxx
BBC presenter Lisa Shaw
ESPN baseball reporter Pedro Gomez
NBC’s Filipino-American TV reporter Katherine Creag
Yahoo Sports journalist Terez Paylor
Current-Argus sports reporter Matthew Asher
David Cooley (59)
died on May 28, 2021
10 days after his second Moderna dose
Dan Kaminsky (42), April 23, 2021
second dose of Pfizer on Apr. 12
Ashley Taylor Gerren (30)
(lupus; “died in sleep”)
Duke of Edinburgh
Midwin Charles (47)
Benjamin G. Goodman
March 23, 2021
Desiree R. Penrod
Sara J. Holub
Karen Hudson-Samuels (68), February 16, 2021
Daniel Thayne Simpson (90), February 4, 2021
first dose of the Moderna vaccine on Feb. 3.
“natural death” – no autopsy
Among the 27 Michiganders who died after getting a jab in the arm, the average age was 78. The majority had underlying health conditions such as diabetes, cancer, heart or lung disease, Alzheimer’s disease and even COVID-19. Most of those who died were residents of long-term care facilities; some were in hospice care.
- The Punch List: Covid-19's ripple effects on...on March 19, 2023 at 8:26 pm
This week's Punch List looks at how the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic has altered the need for surface parking lots downtown.
- ‘It’s a very difficult thing to pin down’:...on March 19, 2023 at 7:16 am
Some US government agencies think Covid may have originated from a lab leak, but there needs to be far more evidence to really know where pandemic came from, ...
- COVID-19 pandemic expected to end this year 'as a...on March 19, 2023 at 5:19 am
Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, announced on Friday that he is “confident” the COVID-19 pandemic will end in 2023.
- Why ‘lab leak’ proponents are unconvinced by...on March 19, 2023 at 4:56 am
To a faction of researchers who maintain that the coronavirus was the result of a laboratory accident, recent findings involving raccoon dogs failed to produce convincing evidence.
- The Covid-19 Pandemicon March 19, 2023 at 2:41 am
With the acute phase of the Covid-19 pandemic fading even as the coronavirus persists and evolves, a new normal is taking shape around the world. A lab leak was once dismissed by many as a ...
- COVID-19: A look back on where the US succeeded...on March 19, 2023 at 12:26 am
Public health experts explain to ABC News where the U.S. succeeded and where it didn't as the third anniversary of the pandemic passes.
- Data released by China suggests COVID-19 virus...on March 18, 2023 at 8:43 pm
China collected COVID-19 virus data in 2019, but only recently released it. The World Health Organization is urging it to be more transparent.
- Lance Reddick’s Death Triggers Conspiracy...on March 18, 2023 at 9:19 am
Conspiracy theorists have once again hopped aboard the anti-vaccine train, claiming that Lance Reddick’s death was caused by the Covid-19 vaccine.
Continuous Renal Replacement Therapies (CRRT) are dialysis treatments that are provided as a continuous 24 hour per day therapy.
GiViTI COVID19 MEETING 10 March 2020 – ICU PATIENTS
- The average age of patients is about 70 years old.
- The most frequent co-morbidity is OBESITY.
- A clear majority of patients are males.
- On admission PaO2/FiO2 < 100.
- CXR on presentation usually bilateral interstitial pneumonitis (can be asymmetric if co-infections).
- Beware of swab results as they may be negative initially. Clinical impression is more reliable. Confirmation often comes only later via BAL, as pulmonary involvement is lower.
- Pro-calcitonin (PCT) = 0 (in the absence of co-infections).
- High CRP.
- High LDH.
- Elevated liver enzymes (from virus +/- medications).
- High CK especially in younger patients (who usually have high fever, chills etc.).
- Extreme elevation of, and difficult to control blood glucose levels, often causes ketoacidosis.
- Low albumin (collected in the lungs??).
- Lymphopenia (low CD4).
- BNP normal.
- Lopinavir/ritonavir (KALETRA) 200/50 mg po BID.
- Chloroquine 500 mg po BID or hydroxychloroquine 200 mg po BID.
- Prophylactic antibiotics (variable according to local practice: piperacillin/tazobactam, ceftriaxone, TMP/SMX, antifungals (the use of azithromycin has been abandoned).
- Acetylcysteine 300 mg po TID (secretions not abundant, but dense when present).
- Steroids? Only in cases with fibrosis (do not use prematurely).
- Tocilizumab? IL-6 receptor inhibitor. Rationale is vast inflammation BUT use must be evaluated in setting of lymphopenia. At the moment NO indication for routine use and NO precocious use.
- Profound sedation.
- Fluid balance net NEGATIVE: the lungs act like sponges due to inflammation.
- Protective ventilation (require high PEEP, even > 15 cm H20, monitor carefully for possible complications such as subcutaneous emphysema, PNX – tolerate pH up to 7.3 – in contrast to classical ARDS, patients usually have good compliance and can be ventilated without high driving pressure).
- PRONE POSITION (18-24 hour duration – fundamental principle of management = extremely effective – require up to 7 rotations – do not trust initial improvement and continue this therapy at least until clear signs of progress with therapy).
- Tracheostomy often within 7 days allows for earlier and safer weaning attempts (high risk of relapse).
- CRRT? Reserve for patients with greatest chance of favorable outcome for the following reasons: increases labor burden on nursing staff, greater difficulties with prone position, creates problem of disposal of infected bags/waste.
- Nitric Oxide: have not seen significant beneficial effects, but can be useful in gaining time for the most critical patients (extreme therapy).
- ECMO: rarely necessary, because patients are very responsive to adequate ventilation. Indicated in cases of patients not responsive to therapy and extreme hypoxia.
- CXR to define clinical presentation. May be repeated but imaging does not correlate strictly with clinical condition.
- CT Chest NOT indicated because great difficulty of transport, great risk of spreading contagion
- U/S Chest highly indicated for daily assessment of pulmonary condition (PATTERN 1: diffuse B lines, PEEP responder – PATTERN 2: anterior zone clear, posterior zone consolidation, responsive to prone position) – useful in evaluating complications from high PEEP and recruiting maneuvers.
- Echocardiography: look out for dyskinesia (myocarditis?).
- Decrease in inflammatory parameters (CRP, LDH).
- PEEP < 12 cm H2
- PaO2/FiO2 > 150.
- FiO2 ≤ 50%.
- Do not trust initial improvement, because patients may experience early relapse.